Stop the abuse, Start the healing
Book List - Honouring
and Healing the Earth
"There is joy in the companionship of others
working to make a difference for future generations, and there is hope.
Each of us has the ability to act powerfully for change; together we can
regain that ancient and sustaining harmony, in which human needs and the
needs of all our companions on the planet are held in balance with the
sacred self-renewing processes of Earth."
-- David Suzuki, author of The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering
Our Place In Nature
- The Elders Are Watching
by Dave Bouchard and Roy Henry Vickers
- Books by Tom Brown Jr.:
- The Tracker ISBN
- The Search
- The Vision
- The Quest
- The Journey
- Awakening Spirits
- The Science and Art of Tracking
- plus seven field guides'
- John Denver's Sunshine On My Shoulders Adapted & Illustrated by Christopher
A picture book adaptation of John Denver's song "Sunshine On My Shoulders,"
which celebrates the simple things in life such as sunshine, being in nature,
and loving relationships.
- Earth Always Endures: Native American Poems
photographs by Edward S. Curtis
- Heat: How To Stop The Planet From Burning
by George Monbiot
ISBN 13: 9780385662215
- A Tree is My Friend: Poems, Stories, Thoughts, Images
Collected by Lee Murray
- Eco-nomics: What Everyone Should Know About Economics and the Environment
by Richard L. Stroup
"It's one thing to be passionate about protecting the environment. It's
another to be successful at it." In this book, Stroup explains why many
of our environmental laws have failed us and how we might go about doing a
better job of protecting nature."
- Cato Institute
- Books by David Suzuki:
- Earthtime: Essays ISBN 0773760091
- Inventing the Future ISBN 0773723544
- Looking at the Environment ISBN 0773752552
- The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering
Our Place in Nature
- Time to Change: Essays on Environmental Policy and Protection
- Wisdom of the Elders ISBN 0773725202
- Climate Change: A Groundwork Guide
by Shelley Tanaka
ISBN 13: 978-0-88899-784-5
- The Soul of Nature
edited by Michael Tobias and Georgianne Cowan
I highly recommend:
"Oh Great Spirit" - A poem by Deena Metzger from Chapter 13
Excerpt from Chapter 19 Spirit in Action: In Service of the Earth and Humanity
by Angeles Arrien
During cycles of change and challenge, we can become more effective by holding
the vision and possibility of a "braided way". A braid can
be a symbol for unifying polarities of any kind, creating a third option.
For example, one portion of the braid could represent the new, one portion
the old. The third portion of the braid is where the old and the new
are equally honoured, creating a neutral ground where similarities and differences
can co-exist and support one another."
"The more deeply I search for the root of the global
environmental crisis, the more I am convinced that it is an outer manifestation
of an inner crisis that is, for lack of a better word, spiritual."
-- Al Gore
| What's New | Poetry
| Articles and other items
| Music list | Movie
Anura Links | Animal
Appeal | Animal Appeal Links