Stop the abuse, Start the healing!
of Sexual Abuse
Excerpts from Dr. Dan B. Allender's The Wounded Heart:
- All inappropriate sexual contact is damaging and soul-distorting.
- Sexual abuse creates destructive crosscurrents and undertows in the human soul.
- Someone who has been sexually abused will develop strong contempt
and obsessive self-consciousness about his or her body.
- The body is punished for existing and wanting.
- The style of relating to others is often the primary arena where the damage of abuse is lived out in a daily discernable form.
- Victimization is usually not only an event in the past; in most cases, it's an ongoing day-by-day experience.
- To forget your personal history is tantamount to trying to forget yourself and the journey [this life] has called you to live.
- To live significantly less than what one was made to be is severe a betrayal of the soul as the original abuse.
Compiled by April A. Severin
Posted April 7, 2000
Home | What's New | Poetry | Articles and other items
Booklist | Music list | Movie list
Anura Links | Animal Appeal | Animal Appeal Links
Earth Partners Publishing