Magda The Cat
27 Oct 2004
||Magda The Cat (27 October 2004)
A list for Magda:
- When I came home from work on the first day I left her alone, unable
to find her at first, then finally realizing that the lump under the
duvet was her.
- Fifteen minutes after lights out (on any given day), when she
started mewing and hauling her toys up the stairs from the usual place
in the living room.
- In winter months, at 3:30 AM -- wedged between spouse and cat, both
asleep, both snoring. Wonderful.
- Racing down the stairs in the morning for yogurt and brushing.
- Hopping into the cardboard box that had brought the latest shipment
- Running round and round, chasing her wire toy.
- Jumping up onto the couch, and choosing my lap to sleep in.
- Stretched out in front of the fireplace, her fur hot to the touch.
- Drinking from the dripping bathtub faucet (any given day).
- Scrambling between you and the cupboards when she heard the
crinkling of a cold cut wrapper as you were fixing a sandwich.
- Racing to the door when she heard me coming home.
Mags died this morning. We miss her terribly.