Glengarry and Ottawa Valley Branch
Minutes: Spring General Meeting
2.00 p.m. Saturday, May 8, 2004
St. Andrews Church Hall
|I||Welcome and Opening Remarks - Meeting called to order by Wm J.
(Bill assumed the chair, with approval of the members present, in light of Diane Wood's withdrawal from her position as branch president.)
|II||Adoption of Agenda - Revised due to Diane Wood's absence.|
|III||Minutes of previous meeting, October 4, 2003, were distributed. The incorrect date on the printed minutes was noted. Acceptance moved by Jerry Stubbings, seconded by Wm J. MacMillan: Approved as corrected.|
|IV||Business arising from last meeting - Wm J. is waiting for confirmation
from Jamie McCullough about our clan table location in a marquee on the
former Angus Grey Hall site. (Spaces for 20 clan tables)
Susan Drinkwater expressed her belief that "Clans" do not appear to be a part of the Games' "Official Plan" and that correspondence should be directed to the Games' Board to express our dissatisfaction.
|V||Treasurer's Report - Harold MacMillan distributed printed copies of the
current balance sheet and pointed out the items significant to branch
operations. Harold's next report will include the Plaque shortfall ($233.04)
as a disbursement item and not a separate account.
Harold moved acceptance, seconded by Allan MacMillan: Approved.
|VI||Glengarry Highland Games Report - Wm J. MacMillan - see "Business Arising", item IV.|
|VII||Correspondence/Communication Report - Jerry Stubbings
Acceptance moved by Jerry, seconded by Ann Neuman: Approved
|VIII||Book Committee Report - Harold MacMillan
The "MacMillan" mini-books, volumes 1 and 2 price will be changed to $10 apiece or $15 a pair.
Harold moved acceptance, seconded by Jerry.
1) Glengarry Highland Games - Maxville:
2) Fergus Games:
3) 2005 North America Clan MacMillan Gathering:
Volunteers invited to help at the Clan Table.
Promotion via our branch's website to be featured.
- Annual family membership initial or renewal will have an add-on incentive bonus offer of a "2002 Commemorative Poster" (regularly $45.00) for only $25.00. Moved by Allan MacMillan, seconded by Susan Drinkwater.
- A donation of $50 to the St. Raphael's annual golf tournament was approved. Moved by Bill MacMillan, seconded by Ann Neuman.
- Susan passed the "original" minutes book into the hands of Harold for safekeeping. (See previous minutes for conditional transfer to the museum.)
- A donation of $50 to the Angus Gray Fund was approved. Moved by Harold, seconded by Susan.
- A motion to donate $100 to the Clan Centre was deferred (as per the October 4th minutes).
Motion to Adjourn.
Printed July 28, 2004 - Jerry Stubbings, Branch Secretary/Communications
Previous Minutes | Meeting Agenda | Meeting History | Branch Index