"A large emigration arrived in Glengarry in 1792. Another led by Archibald MacMillan of Murlagan and Allan MacMillan of Glenpean brought two hundred clansmen to Canada in 1802."
Elsie MacMillan - Editor, Butternuts and Maple Sugar
"If the Scots of Glengarry, secure in their Canadian citizenship, nationality and homeland can preserve something to reflect their human affections and beliefs, their dry wit and their melancholy, their songs, music and soft beautiful Gaelic language, they will have achieved a monument worthy of their stalwart forebears."
Better known to older generations as the "Laughing John Cemetery", ancestors of MacMillans, McMillans, MacDonalds, McDonells, MacLeods, MacIntyres, McIntyres, Camerons, Carrs, Clarks, Henrys, Lashams, Munros, Quinns, to name a few, dating back to the 1820s, are laid to rest in this beautiful setting.
Dr. MacMillan's interest in the history of Glengarry was profound. He was an executive of the Glengarry Historical Society and wrote historical notes for the annual bulletin of the Maxville Highland Games as well as the Historical Sketch of Kenyon Presbyterian Church, Dunvegan (1940, revised 1993).