Democracy in Cuba
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are candidates nominated for delegates...
- Why not let anyone
stand and let the electorate decide?
- How are election campaigns conducted...
- How accountable are elected delegates?
- What were the results of the 1998
- Was Fidel Castro elected President of
- Who got elected to the National Assembly?
- What does the National Assembly actually
- What real choice is there in Cuba's
- How are abuses of power prevented?
- Why have candidates for the Provincial and National Assemblies never
been rejected by voters?
- Why have no opposition candidates ever
- How is the Cuban electoral system any different from that in the former
- Why is only one political party allowed
- What about claims that Cuba is not a
- Arnold August, Democracy in Cuba and the 1997-98 Elections,
Editorial Jose Marti, 1999
of the Republic of Cuba (English translation)