Home

Building the shed

We used a jig to build the frames. We bent 14'  1x4 around a series of pegs. We then attached blocks to the outside of the 1x4 with screws and epoxy glue. We then bent the second 1x4 along the blocks and secured it with more screws and epoxy
Alan pounded 2x4's into the ground two feet to attach the frames to. vega arrives 044.jpg (43078 bytes)
The frames were attached together with a plywood gusset on each side vega arrives 047.jpg (131069 bytes)
The frame all installed vega arrives 045.jpg (46960 bytes)
Here is the cover wrapped up like a package. We rolled from each side to the middle and then from the ends to the middle. The theory was that the whole thing could be unrolled on the top beam of the frame. vega garage 002.jpg (327671 bytes)
It worked !!! much to everyone's surprise, it went on perfectly. Here we are zipping in the ends. building_the_shed1.jpg (50022 bytes)
All done - ready for winter vega garage 019.jpg (30243 bytes)
We found that it  made a great greenhouse. It was too hot in the summer so we put a opaque cover on the top.
 

Home