Here are some links to friends, fellow writers, and favourite mystery sites:
- Orca Book Publishers: Publisher of the innovative new Rapid Read Books for those who want a short, fast-paced and entertaining read, including my upcoming The Fall Guy.
- Napoleon and
Company/RendezVous Press: Publisher of "Distinctively Canadian
Mysteries", including myself, the Ladies Killing Circle, and these
other fabulous authors:
- Lou Allin: Victoria author of numerous books including the Belle Palmer mystery series, about a real estate agent with a penchant for finding trouble in the great white north.
- Joan Boswell: Toronto author of the Hollis Grant mysteries about an artist and teacher who, while trying to start a new life as a painter in Toronto, keeps being drawn into intrigue.
- Mary Jane Maffini: Fellow Ottawan and author of the Camilla MacPhee series about a grouchy Ottawa lawyer whose clients and friends are often more trouble than they're worth.
- Vicki Delany: Prolific author of two series, one set in small-town British Columbia and the other in Klondike-era Dawson City.
- R.J. Harlick: Ottawa author of the Meg Harris mystery series, about a transplanted Torontonian who copes with danger and the clash of cultures in the wilds of West Quebec.
- Type M for Murder: A wonderful blog about writing, books, and life, written by a varied cast of mystery writers. I blog every second Wednesday.
- Mystery Maven Canada: The mystery maven is good friend, fellow writer and fellow Ladies Killing Circle member Linda Wiken, who started this blog when she closed her mystery bookstore. It features tips, reviews, updates on the book business, and weekly Thursday blogs by the other members of the Ladies Killing Circle, including me.
- Comedic Catastrophes: The Toronto-based Mystery dinner Theatre company which produces a comic, interactive play inspired by Barbara and produced by her daughter, Toronto actor Dana Fradkin, and her writer/actor colleague Renee Percy. "A killer idea!"
- Bloody Words Mystery Conference: Annual Canadian mystery conference for writers, fans and anyone who loves a mystery. Three days packed with information and intrigue. To be hosted by beautiful Victoria, BC, in June2011.
- Scene of the Crime Mystery Conference: Canadian mystery conference held each summer on spectacular Wolfe Island in the Thousand Islands, a short ferry ride from Kingston. A fun-filled day packed with chances to mingle with the author guests of honour, and to attend panels, readings, awards and even a traditional church supper.
- Crime Writers of Canada: The organization to represent and promote the interests of Canadian writers and their work. Click here to find an author or speaker near you.
- Capital Crime Writers: An organization of mystery and crime fiction writers in the Ottawa area, who meet monthly to hear speakers, schmooze, and have fun. Click here to find out about their monthly program and other benefits.
- Sleuth of Baker Street: The biggest mystery book store in Canada, at 1600 Bayview Ave. in Toronto.