Form Processing API 2.0
Ilirjan Ostrovica, August 2001
Form Processing API (FPAPI), is an open source java servlet-based API.
FPAPI's goal is to simplify the validation process of form entries of any type (text fields, password fields, text areas, radiobuttons, check boxes, combo boxes, and list boxes).
FPAPI performs some of the most common field validation criterias internally, while
providing a universal mechanism for the validation against any specific business logic criterias.
Note the following characteristics of the Form Processing API 2.0 :
- Servlet-based only, it will support any servlet-based Webpage-presentation technique.
- It provides for a Model/View/Controller architecture implementation.
- It uses XML format for designing the forms
- It is able to serve other than HTML clients.
- It supports validation in group of form fields.
- The field validation implementation code, is reusable to similar business logic models.
- It's easy to understand and simple to use.
For more information on how to use FPAPI 2.0 read this article
- Download FPAPI2.0
Copyright © 2001, Ilirjan Ostrovica