BRAMPTON WEST ALLIANCE CHURCH
ARTICLE I – CHURCH NAME
1. This church shall bear the corporate name Brampton West Alliance Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada.
ARTICLE VI – MEMBERSHIP
1. In addition to active members, the following membership category has been established:
a. Associate Membership – for persons who have left the local active fellowship for areas of full-time Christian ministry, or to attend College or University. Associate Membership does not confer the right to debate or vote.
ARTICLE VII – GOVERNMENT
1. The Board of Elders is responsible for the setting of a date for the annual meeting of the membership, to be held sometime within the first two months of the calendar year.
2. Business meetings of the membership shall be called by the Board of Elders by public announcement from the pulpit or in the church bulletin at least two Sundays prior to the time of the meeting.
3. Special congregational meetings may be called by the Board of Elders. The purpose of such meetings shall be stated.
4. The quorum for any meeting of the members shall consist of ten members present.
5. The fiscal year shall be from January 1 to December 31.
ARTICLE VIII – BOARD OF ELDERS
1. The Board of Elders shall consist of at least five members including the senior pastor.
2. The Board of Elders, except for the senior pastor, shall be elected for a two-year term, with one-half of the Board elected annually.
3. The quorum for a meeting of the Board of Elders will be a simple majority.
4. The officers of the Board of Elders shall be appointed by, and from among, the elected Eldership.
ARTICLE XIV – NOMINATING COMMITTEE
1. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the senior pastor and four members with equal representation from the Board of Elders and the general membership.
ARTICLE XV – ELECTIONS
1. Officers to be elected at the annual meeting will include the Board of Elders and any such others as the Board of Elders may determine.
ARTICLE XVI– BYLAWS
1. Bylaws may be amended with a simple majority of votes cast at a duly called meeting of the membership.
BUILDING FUND POLICY (Approved by Elders’ Board motion June 14, 2005)
1. Building Fund monies shall be deposited on a monthly
basis into an account separate from the [RBC] current account, i.e. either into
a GIC or into the Church savings account (currently with ING).
2. Monies in the Building Fund shall be used, after BWAC Elders’ Board approval, only for the following purposes:
-Purchase of property and erection of a building for the Church;
-Purchase and remodeling for Church use of an existing building and property;
-Initial expenses incurred in procuring a lease on a different facility:
-any needed deposits, like first/last months' rent,
-leasehold improvements needed, like remodeling, HVAC, etc.,
-other ancillary expenses directly related to leasing of a different facility.
3. Any other use of the money in the Building Fund for any
other purpose shall only occur after formal motion and approval at a duly
called congregational meeting.