Sunday, 1 March
- Stephanie woke up at 5:30 AM this morning and started throwing up again. This time
it only lasted for an hour or two. The rest of the day went OK.
- Before bed tonight, Stephanie's big philosophical discussion was what she should say if
she wakes up in the middle of the night to throw-up. She figures that calling
"Mommy" or "Daddy" is too much to say (its in the middle of the night
and she'll be tired you know), so she's decided that she'll just "whine a
Monday, 2 March
- Today was a great day for everybody. Stephanie felt good all day.
- Her teacher (she's still getting home tutoring because of her counts being low) was in
today. When I came home for lunch, Stephanie was busy having fun looking words from
some of her work in the french dictionary. I thought that maybe it was homework but
when I asked her, she said that she was doing it just for fun !!?? Later, we had fun
doing addition and subtraction in her head - she can add and subtract numbers up to a
total of 20. After school tonight, Michael started teaching her multiplication ...
just the simple stuff like 2X3, 2X4, 3X3, etc. She thinks it great.
- She's warned us that she thinks that she'll have trouble going back to class when the
time comes because she finds they do too much playing in class!
Tuesday, 3 March
- Stephanie's appointment to the clinic went OK today. She had another spinal tap.
It didn't go too bad. Forgot to make her pee before again. Hopefully
we'll remember next time.
Friday, 6 March
- Stephanie has been feeling pretty good all week. She's back on Prednisone again.
Its just for a short 4 or 5 days at a time, depending which chemotherapy she gets.
Its been enough to get her appetite back up (although that's not the reason for the
Prednisone - it because of the specific chemotherapy) but its also made for a little bit
of a roller coaster ride for her personality now that she's coming off it.
- The video people were here this afternoon. Stephanie really played her role of
"pretending" to pack for Almost Home and then getting in the car. Michael
got his chance too.
- Tonight was Michael's first date! The Community Center across the street has youth
dances every two weeks. The 8 year olds can go from 6:00-8:00 PM. One of his
classmates (a girl) asked him to go ... but he insisted that it wasn't to dance and it
wasn't a date. Anyways, Linda went with him as chaperon. He ended up spending
the evening helping Linda in the Canteen.
- While they were there, I went with Stephanie to the pool (our new one is open now, right
across the street from us, beside the Community Center). She had a ball as usual.
She got a few stares from the other kids (her hair still hasn't started to grow
back in yet), but she either didn't notice or didn't care.