Tuesday, 3 August (6 Mths: WBC-5.0, HGB-100, Plt-198, Poly-2.6)
- Stephanie's red blood cell count (HGB) is up today - that's good news. Hopefully
it can make its way back to normal soon.
Tuesday, 10 August (7 Mths: WBC-5.6, HGB-104, Plt-197, Poly-2.67)
- It was back into Kingston today for blood work. Stephanie's red blood cell count
(HGB) is still on its way up. As a result, Stephanie is back to blood work every two
- Her weight was up a little bit today - 23.6 Kg. Its been dropping since coming off
Prednisone in May. Hopefully it'll stabilize soon.
- After this morning's appointment, Linda, Michael and Stephanie made their way to Camp
Trillium for the rest of the week. Stephanie has really been looking forward to it.
She really loved it last year and knows it'll be just as much fun again. I'm
pretty busy at work, so I'll meet them on Saturday.
Sunday, 15 August (7 Mths)
- We just got back from Camp Trillium. Michael and Stephanie had a ball.
Michael pulled out a big pike while fishing from the dock. He was pretty
Tuesday, 24 August (7 Mths: WBC-4.8, HGB-101, Plt-189, Poly-2.15)
- A quick trip in and out of Kingston this morning. Counts are still looking pretty
Tuesday, 31 August (7 Mths)
- Today's was Stephanie's first day of 2nd Grade. She had been really excited about
getting ready for it the last few days. Today went over without any problems and
she's still very excited about school. It looks like it should work out OK.
Stephanie had started Grade 1 last year but then had her relapse. She ended
up finishing off the year with a teacher coming into our home three times a week. We
expect that she should have little problem adapting.
Mths are the number of months since her Bone Marrow
Transplant (7 Jan 99).
WBC is the White Blood Cell Count (fights diseases). Below 1.5
means that her immune system is very weak or non-existant. (Normal= 4.5-13.5)
HGB is HemoGloBin or red blood cell count (carries nutrients).
Below 70 means a blood transfusion. (Normal= 120-160)
Plt is the number of Platelets (stops bleeding). Below 20 means a
platelet transfusion. (Normal= 150-450)