Tuesday, 2 November (9 Mths: WBC-5.1, HGB-102, Plt-199, Poly-2.45)
- It was in to Kingston this morning for routine blood tests. Everything checked out
- The news is extra good because we're hoping to be off to DisneyWorld on Saturday
(courtesy of The
Children's Wish Foundation of Canada)! Stephanie is even more excited this time
around as she is older and more familiar with what to expect and knows exactly what she
wants to do. She and Michael have been planning all week as to what they plan to
ride as soon as they get there.
Saturday, 6 November (9 Mths)
- We arrived in DisneyWorld this morning! We spent the day exploring the area and
hotel and resting. For the evening we went mini-golfing - got to get rested up for
what I'm sure will be a grueling week!
Sunday, 7 November (9 Mths)
- We spent today at Universal Studios. MIchael and Stephanie especially liked the
Ball Factory ( a kids area full of nerf balls and cannons that allow you to fire them
around). They both thought that the Jaws ride was too scary.
Monday, 8 November (10 Mths)
- We spent today at Magic Kingdom at Disney.
- Stephanie's favorite rides were Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Tiki
Room, Buzz Light-Year, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh's
Grand Adventures, and Astro Orbiter - yes, I know, its pretty well all of them!
- Michael's favorite rides were Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz
Light-Year, and Astro Orbiter. To end the day, we made our way to MGM Studios to
watch Fantasmic - we all loved it.
Tuesday, 9 November (10 Mths)
- We spent today at Animal Kingdom.
- Stephanie really liked the petting zoo.
- Michael really liked the Kalli River Rapids - even though he got wet! He found the
Killimanjaro Safari very interesting.
Wednesday, 10 November (10 Mths)
- Stephanie and Mom stayed at home today and went shopping (to rest) while Michael and
myself (Dad) went to Blizzard Beach (water slides).
- Michael's favorite slide was the Slush Gusher. He wanted to go on the Summit
Plummit but ran out of time. The Cross-Country Creek (you sit in a tube and float
all around Blizzard Beach) was fun too.
Thursday, 11 November (10 Mths)
- We spent today at Magic Kingdom - again - Stephanie's and Michael's choice, of course!
Friday, 12 November (10 Mths)
- We spent this morning at Epcot Center. Both Michael and Stephanie loved doing the
Test Track ride - twice.
- We made our way back to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon. Michael finally worked up
the courage to try Space Mountain - and actually loved it enough to ride it twice.
That evening we all enjoyed the Disney parade, the Main Street Electrical parade and
finally, the fireworks.
Saturday, 13 November (10 Mths)
- We made our way back to Trenton (home) today with no problems. Overall the trip
worked out perfectly! It was truly a wonderful opportunity to enjoy some quality
- When we went to DisneyWorld last fall (Oct 98), Stephanie was (unknown to us) in the
late stages of relapsing in her Central Nervous System (despite having been under
chemotherapy for over a year). She lost her vision in her right eye during the trip,
was sick, and was admitted to hospital immediately on our return, all because of the
advanced stages of the relapse. This time round, Stephanie (and the rest of us
too), truly appreciated her trip to Orlando (DisneyWorld). Last year's trip, and how
she got "sick", was still very fresh in her mind. She certainly felt 110%
better this time and will surely cherish the fond memories forever. For both trips,
however, we are truly thankful to organizations like the Sunshine Foundation and The Children's Wish Foundation of
Canada who make these types of opportunities possible.
Tuesday, 30 November (10 Mths: WBC-6.4, HGB-115, Plt-238, Poly-2.91)
- We were into Kingston today for Stephanie's blood counts. Everything is still
Mths are the number of months since her Bone Marrow
Transplant (7 Jan 99).
WBC is the White Blood Cell Count (fights diseases). Below 1.5
means that her immune system is very weak or non-existant. (Normal= 4.5-13.5)
HGB is HemoGloBin or red blood cell count (carries nutrients).
Below 70 means a blood transfusion. (Normal= 120-160)
Plt is the number of Platelets (stops bleeding). Below 20 means a
platelet transfusion. (Normal= 150-450)