No longer wanna-be cruisers, Jim and Janette Laverdiere are on their trip of a life time. A six month plus cruise of Florida and the Bahamas. Hey, they are keen to go even further if time and weather allows.
What makes this trip a little different is how it starts, by interstate highway. With a six month sabbatical it's almost impossible to sail to Florida and the Bahamas and back from Montreal and have any time left over to kick back and enjoy the experience. So Jim decided to call Transport Loisirs (450-795-3258) to get a quote on shipping Borean, a CS33 from Montreal to Florida.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, goes to weather like a Mack Truck.
Here are the logs of the journey, that were Emailed to and edited by, yours truly, Don Boyd, S/V Destiny Calls
For the 2003 -2004 adventure click here!
- October 2000, almost ready to head south. "Load'er up!"!
- November 2, 2000 - Ft Lauderdale. Arrival, the boat's south! "Nothing ever goes as planned"
- November 7, 2000 - Ft Lauderdale, "Mr Murphy!"
- November 14, 2000 - Ft Lauderdale. "Almost ready to roll"
- November 20, 2000 - Miami "On the way, Gulf Stream bound"
- November 24, 2000 - "Bimini the Bahamas!!!"
- November 28, 2000 - Nassau!!!! "Rude awakenings"
- December 11, 2000 - The Northern Exumas "Iguana City"
- December 19, 2000 - Warderick Wells, "Water water everywhere, and nary a drop to drink."
- December 29, 2000 - George Town, "Too pooped to chew".
- January 26, 2001 - George Town, "Good god! We're still in George Town!."
- February 2, 2001 - George Town, "Trouble in Paradise."
- February 21, 2001 - Clarencetown, Long Island, "The Flying Fish Marina"
- March 2, 2001 - George Town. "Boat names and Kids"
- March 27, 2001 - Conception Island. "Ship Wrecked on Conception Island"
- April 10, 2001 - Black Point, Exumas. Visiting the highest point in the Bahamas
- April 28, 2001 - Nassau. Heading home
- May 24, 2001 - Home! Where did the time go?
Over 13,000 hits in six months to August 2002! plus these: