Notes to the Annotated Bibliography of Renaissance Dance
ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF RENAISSANCE DANCE
Version: February 26, 1994
Copyright 1993 by Dennis R. Sherman, compiler
This bibliography is the joint effort of many subscribers to the RENDANCE
electronic mailing list. It may be copied and freely distributed for no
commercial gain. It may not be sold or included in collections to be sold
for a profit. A small fee to cover copying costs is permissible.
The compiler claims no responsibility for the correctness or usefulness
of any of the information contained in this bibliography, and shall not
be liable for damages arising from the use or misuse of the material contained
herein. Additions, changes, annotations, and comments may be sent to the
compiler, Dennis Sherman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notes from the HTML editor:
I have implemented the following changes:
Note that major primary sources also have links by name (if they have
short names by which they are often referenced). Those on my list as
such so far are:
For further suggestions, adding more to any of these lists, or
problems, write to Nathan
- Entries are no longer numbered, for the most part, just put
into lists. On the other hand, if an author has multiple
entries, the link names are numbered. Therefore, sublists of
titles by an author are numbered.
- Rather than separate items on the main list for each entry by
an author, there is a sublist.
- I have tried to put in links by author whenever possible. If
there are multiple entries by an author, they are listed as
"NAME:1", "NAME:2", etc.
- Which leads to: some reordering has been done. With multiple
entries by a single author, subentries are now ordered by
date, rather than by title, so as to lessen changes to the
- I combined the following listing sets:
- Brainard, Ingrid and
Brainard, Ingrid G.
- Caroso, Marco Fabritio and
Caroso, Marco Fabrizio
- Marrocco, W. Thomas (William Thomas) and
Marrocco, William Thomas
- Cunningham, J. P. and
Cunningham, James P.
- Durham, Janelle (SCA pseud. Jane Lynn of
Durham, Janelle (SCA pseud. Janelyn of Fenmere)
- The entries for Peter and Janelle Durham both were combined,
with Janelle first (they had been one in each order).
Looking at the article itself (the one which listed Peter first)
on the Letter of Dance pages, the order is Janelle first.
- Engle, Ian (SCA pseud. Sion Andreas o Wynedd)
and Engle, Ian (SCA pseud. Sion Andreas)
- Feves, A. and Feves, Angene
- Jones, Pamela and Jones, Pamela Anne
- Langston, Lizbeth (SCA pseud. Lizbeth
Ravensholm) and Langston, Ann Lizbeth
- McGee, Timothy and McGee, Timothy J.
- Pugliese, Patri,
Pugliese, Patri (SCA pseud. Patri du Chat Gris)
and Pugliese, Patri J.
- Singman, Jeffrey (SCA pseud. Geffrei Louarn de
Singman, Jeffrey L. (SCA pseud. Geoffrey Cade)
- Wagner, Ann Louise and Wagner, Ann
- Corrected the following entries:
Letter of Dance: It has changed editors. I changed
both its entry and Justin's on the contributors' page
- Kronenfeld: There
were two entries for it. I combined them.
- Pugliese:3 also had
two entries. I combined them.
- Smiths article in the
twelvth annual proceedings... was listed as 1987, when
it should have been 1989.
- Turned some SCA names around, as in Gerhard Kendall->Kendall, Gerhard