Humanity's Coming Dark Age
Symptoms before each collapse:
religious fundamentalism, xenophobia, intolerance,
rejection of science
- Download a free PDF copy of the 418-page 2002 publication:
The Phoenix Principle and
the Coming Dark Age by
(British military analyst and educator)
- subtitled: Social catastrophes – human progress
3000 BC to AD 3000
- Marc Widdowson's original web site at www.darkage.fsnet.co.uk
appears to have fallen into the bit-bucket sometime after 2008.
But you can still access much of the original material (including
charts and diagrams which are not in the current PDF) via the
Way Back Machine here:
- The chart above illustrates the rise-and-fall of six major empires. Notice
the amplitude and period are decreasing.
The associated tables, which were published 5-years before the 2007-2008
American-caused world-wide financial debacle, seem shockingly accurate.
- Download ($10) an eBook of
The Coming Dark Age
by Roberto Vacca - 153 pages in PDF format
- This book was first published in 1973 then updated in 2000
here for a free view "Contents, Foreword, Introduction
and the First Chapter"
- viewer quote: "I read this book in a palsied fascination
of horror. I have never read a book that was at the same time so
convincing and so frightening." - Isaac Asimov
- While there are many complicated and interacting reasons for the fall of the Roman Empire, I am now convinced that
was correct when he stated that the primary reason was due to the the
organized religion. Today's world might collapse for nothing
more that the reasons of religious intolerance or greed (materialism
is another form of religion)
- Religious Method (dogma): Fiction, Assertion, Suppression
Scientific Method (pragma): Observation, Hypothesis,
Experiment (test), Debate. Then publish and repeat.
Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.