Essays from my University of London BA Philosophy Studies
Methodology - [235P035]
- What is Goodman's New Riddle of Induction? How,
if at all, can it be solved?
- What is a Law of Nature?
- What is the Best Response to the Paradox of the
- What is the Best Interpretation of Probability?
- Is inference to the best explanation just a
special case of more general forms of confirmation procedure?
- Is there any reason to suppose that the
conclusion of an inference to the best explanation is likely to be true?
- "Almost all scientific theories of the past
have proven false. So almost all present-day theories are likely to be false
- Does Goodman's paradox show
that there are restrictions on the kinds of predicates that can occur in
- What, if anything, explains the difference
between a law of nature and an accidentally true generalization?
- 'Only if scientific realism is true can the
success of science be anything other than a miracle.' Discuss.