Essays from my University of London BA Philosophy Studies
Ethics - Contemporary Perspectives - [235P115]
- Are there Moral Facts?
- Critically Assess the View that Moral Properties
are Best Understood as like Secondary Qualities such as Colours and Tastes.
- Is Morality a Product of Convention?
- What, if anything, constitutes a reason for an
agent to act morally?
- "If ethics is objective, then there should be
widespread ethical agreement. But there isn't widespread ethical agreement.
Therefore, ethics is not objective." Discuss.
- What is the best way to understand the
relationship between human well-being and morality?
- Is there a necessary link between human well-being
- 'If there were objective values, then they would
be entities or qualities or relations of a very strange sort, utterly
different from anything else in the universe' (Mackie). Discuss.
- Could there be a morality that was radically
different from our own?
- Are there any good reasons that could be offered
to someone who claimed not to see why he ought to be moral?
- What would it be for morality to be objective?
- What is the best way of defining an altruistic