Edit or Proofread Your Written Work:
- If you type your written work on a computer, print out a copy to
proofread. Remember, spell checkers and grammar checkers don't always catch
errors, so check your work yourself after you have used them.
- Read your own work backwards.
Read the last sentence, then the second
last sentence, etc.
Does each sentence make sense when you read it on it's own? Do you see or hear any errors in the sentence?
- Look for misspelled words and incorrect punctuation
Monster can help.)
- Use a dictionary to check spelling.
- Get help. Ask someone you trust to do a good job, to proofread your work
and make suggestions on how to improve it.