How to Take Notes
- Put each sub-topic at the top of its own page.
- Fold each page down the centre.
- On the left side write the facts you find on your sub-topic.
- On the right side of the fold, record your ideas/reflections.
- Use both the facts and your ideas about them in your presentation.
- four legs, tail, ....
3. Begin taking your notes
- Begin each fact with a dash - .
- Use your own words.
- Use a new line for each idea.
- Decide what's important by looking at your questions and sub-topics.
- Do not copy something that you do not understand.
- Write down the source of the information:
Author. Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, Date.
Ahmad, Nyla. Cybersurfer The OWL Internet Guide for Kids.
Toronto, Ontario: OWL Books, 1996.
Read Your Notes
Read through your facts and ideas for each sub-topic.
Do they answer the question ?
If they don't answer your question, do more research.