Creative Professional with extensive experience in animation, an appealing visual style and a professional design for illustration and graphic design jobs. In-depth knowledge and experience with creative problem-solving, hard-working to tight timelines, small business administration. Areas of expertise:
- Expert in drawing, painting, and animation in both traditional and digital media
- Strong Writing Skills
- Good communicator
- Blends well into any team
- Pays close attention to instructions
- Tremendous imagination and humour
- Can inform, inspire, teach, entertain and tell stories through drawings, designs and writing
- Managing people, workflows and projects for exceptional results
Trevor Keen and Associates, Toronto – owner of private art studio since 1986. Career highlights include:
- • Contracted with Sun Life Global Investments for animations in the style of RSA videos. Delivered sample animated pieces, demonstrating ability to draw in that style. Completed the work on time and got a notice of praise from the client.
- • Created artwork and animations to illustrate basic money management given to high school and college students for funnymoney.com. Storyboarded and animated five films. Sponsored by the Investor Education Fund, animations were put on YouTube, as well as the Investor Education Fund website and U.S. financial education websites.
- • Designed avatar characters for Rogers Communications’ e-learning department. The characters were several dozen Flash symbol libraries of various cartoon people. Stills of the animations were used by the clients and posted on their web pages, and were written up in the Toronto Star, and can still be seen online today.
- Other clients: CBC, Canadian Tire, Investor Education Fund, Esprit International Communications, Wall Street Journal, Insurance Bureau of Canada, Superior Propane, York Region Transit, MediResource, Sunnybrook Hospital, Mattel Canada, Hasbro (U.K.), Toys’R’Us, Hershey Canada, Scott Towels, Crayola, Wal-Mart, Honda, Costco, Nabisco, National Association of Realtors (U.S.) Sun Life Global Investments, [samples available upon request or visit www.trevorkeen.com]
Esprit International Communications Ltd., Toronto – Production Director, Feb. 1/2008 2008-Nov. 30, 2010 Managed multilingual production to camera-ready stage, coordinating large, ongoing projects, supervising staff and liaising with clients. DTP of magazines, catalogues, advertising brochures, news bulletins & book design in many languages including French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Russian. Subtitling in PhotoShop. Esprit website design and marketing campaigns. Employee training in basic DTP software and concepts, for work in various languages. Nitromedia Communications Inc., Toronto, 1999-2000 - Animation Director Flash, website and video design, CD-ROM AND DVD production. Supervised new staff, organized artwork, instrumental in deciding deadlines and workflows. StarToons International, LLC, Chicago, 2000 – Animator Animation, layout, storyboarding, cartoon videos. 2000-2001 Animation Partnership/Hibbert-Ralph, London, England, 1983-1986 Art director and lead animator producing TV commercials.
COMMUNICATIONS AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
Management of multilingual production to camera-ready stage, coordinating large, ongoing projects, costing and budgeting, supervising staff and liaising with clients. Esprit International Communications Ltd., 2008-2010 Supervised new staff, organized artwork, instrumental in establishing deadlines and workflows. Nitromedia,1999-2000 Storyboarded and supervised staff artists for YTV children’s show, “Groundling Marsh” which went into syndication and was picked up by Disney. Creative Post, 1994-1996
TEACHING/TRAINING EXPERIENCETaught introductory drawing course for Academy of Design, Toronto, 1998 Trained multilingual employees of Esprit in basic DTP software and concepts
ART AND GRAPHICS EXPERIENCE
Interactive, animation, TV, advertising, video and full graphic experience Mastery of graphics software, website building software Creation of several professional websites using Dreamweaver and Flash Mastery of the highly-specialized arts of animation and cartooning
Toronto Image Works, Web Design Course 2011
Sheridan College, Oakville, Animation Diploma 1979 – 1982
OCAD, Toronto, Diploma in Fine Arts, Cartooning and Advertising 1986 – 1988
Sheridan College, Oakville, Diploma in Computer Graphics 1989
Trevor Keen and Associates, Toronto – owner of my own art studio since 1986 Sample clients: CBC, Canadian Tire, Investor Education Fund, Esprit International Communications, Wall Street Journal, Insurance Bureau of Canada, Superior Propane, York Region Transit, MediResource, Sunnybrook Hospital, Mattel Canada, Hasbro (U.K.), Toys'R'Us, Hershey Canada, Scott Towels, Crayola, Wal-Mart, Costco, Nabisco, National Association of Realtors (U.S.) EDGE Magazine (trade publication for IT professionals)